Mythic Entertainment

www.mythicentertainment.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Mythic Entertainment

Working there was a dream come true.

I worked at Mythic Entertainment

Pros

Great company and great people.

Cons

In the midst of a transition but still an exciting time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Better than ever - and back to its roots

Current Employee - Production in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Production in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Mythic Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the past year, Mythic has been revitalized, re-energized, and created a great new atmosphere for employees.

As a small part of Electronic Arts, it has all the perks of the small indie studio atmosphere (flat management, personal attention to employee needs, and great camaraderie) with the benefits of a being a part of one of the biggest companies in the industry (the ability to work with people at studios all over the world, presence at the big game conferences in a big way, and great benefits).

A combination of game studio veterans and those new to the business - Mythic supports the growth of individual employees and offers a lot of unique opportunities - while maintaining the kind of atmosphere that you would want and expect from a video game company.

Cons

We're not close enough to EA headquarters (which is both good and bad) but it means we're not always recognized like some of the bigger studios.

Still have to deal with corporate bureaucracy, which manifests as a lot of paperwork - but not all that often.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positive atmosphere and changes.

It can be difficult to manage all of your employees' needs, but maintaining a good relationship with your staff makes it easier for us to communicate concerns and feel like we're being heard.

Mythic went through a transformation...

I have been working at Mythic Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Mythic a few years, and this is a totally different studio than it was when I started. The structure of the teams are different, smaller with shorter project cycles. Management also went through a pretty huge restructuring and it has made a world of difference. Pretty much every aspect of the studio is stronger and it feels like we're finally ready to win. The culture is brilliant, I can't think of people I'd rather work with... I can say that last summer I was looking to move on from mythic... things were bad for a number of reasons but I'm so glad I stayed on. I don't blame any of the negative reviews below, they were accurate for the time, but this place has gone through a transformation and there's no other place in the industry I'd rather work.

The benefits are sweet too.

Cons

Fairfax, Virginia. That's where the studio is. It's not a bad place... its actually quite nice... not a whole lot going on...

Unless you're lucky/senior you probably aren't going to have much say at all in the types of games that are made, but that's the case with any major studio.