N.B. Handy

www.nbhandy.com

Well compensated for my efforts, by a company that has zero trust in its employees at the branch level.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsWhen hired I really enjoyed most of my coworkers, and I must say that the company paid its sales force and management pretty well. There is a lot of knowledge within the company that one could and should take advantage of learning.

ConsThe company is slow to react to changes in its markets and even in its own work force. Taking 90 days to promote an in house employee to a vacated management position does not show a lot of confidence in their ability. Very distrustful of employees with proven real world experience. There is zero personnel development within its own ranks. If there is a job opening in the company 9 times out of 10 the company hires someone that is not already an employee. Sometimes it seems just as hard to work within the companies guidelines, and jumping through their hoops as it does to develop business against competition. Sales reps feel as though they are working against the competition as well as against their own company at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring consultants to tell you how to run your business!!! It has been family owned for 120 years, and if you haven't figured it out by now, find someone to sell it to. If you want to figure out how to do something better, ask employees who have actually had some experience with those things. Develop people from within, you would have a much happier work force if they thought there was an opportunity to advance.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at N.B. Handy

Pros: Friendly People Great Environment Hours and expectations are generally in line with… Cons: Incompetent leadership at lower levels Advice to Senior Management: Look forward! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Take care of their employees

Account Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at N.B. Handy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My time at N.B. Handy was a positive experience over all. They work hard to take… Cons: no negative review for company. Advice to Senior Management: no advice for management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on N.B. Handy.

Worked for N.B. Handy? Contribute to the Community!