N.B. Handy

www.nbhandy.com
There are newer employer reviews for N.B. Handy

Well compensated for my efforts, by a company that has zero trust in its employees at the branch level.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at N.B. Handy

Pros

When hired I really enjoyed most of my coworkers, and I must say that the company paid its sales force and management pretty well. There is a lot of knowledge within the company that one could and should take advantage of learning.

Cons

The company is slow to react to changes in its markets and even in its own work force. Taking 90 days to promote an in house employee to a vacated management position does not show a lot of confidence in their ability. Very distrustful of employees with proven real world experience. There is zero personnel development within its own ranks. If there is a job opening in the company 9 times out of 10 the company hires someone that is not already an employee. Sometimes it seems just as hard to work within the companies guidelines, and jumping through their hoops as it does to develop business against competition. Sales reps feel as though they are working against the competition as well as against their own company at times.

Stop hiring consultants to tell you how to run your business!!! It has been family owned for 120 years, and if you haven't figured it out by now, find someone to sell it to. If you want to figure out how to do something better, ask employees who have actually had some experience with those things. Develop people from within, you would have a much happier work force if they thought there was an opportunity to advance.

7 Other Employee Reviews for N.B. Handy (View Most Recent)

Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at N.B. Handy

Pros

Friendly People
    Great Environment
    Hours and expectations are generally in line with market norms
    Time off is reasonable
    Overtime available

Cons

Incompetent leadership at lower levels

Look forward!

A family atmosphere in the corporate world

Current Employee - Office
    Current Employee - Office

I have been working at N.B. Handy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits.
    Small enough where people know each other but big enough to be a player in the business arena.
    Open door policy with all levels of management.
    Seems to care for the person although sometimes "they" can't move fast enough.

Cons

No raises in some time.
    People are nervous about their future. Sense that the company is having a hard time getting where it wants to be.
    Not sure leadership is doing what it takes to get over the edge and return to strong profitability.
    Lots of changes and thy seem to continue.. Makes us wonder if the leaders really know what they are doing.

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. If you are going to make changes help us understand why. As with all changes please consider how it come across to the rest of us. Lots of uncertainty is not a comforting feeling.

There are newer employer reviews for N.B. Handy