N C Machinery

www.ncmachinery.com

Caterpillar Dealer in the Northwest

(Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat place to work and great customers. Things change every 6 months so lots of opportunity for advancement. Great place for a driven employee for upper management, and great place if you just want a 8-5 clock in clock out hourly job. Many 30-40 year employees. Lots of people will be retiring in the next 5 years so great place for younger people starting out. Great Management training program for college grads. Company is very stable and fair to employees. Great ownership and upper management.

Cons100% Sink or Swim, which I love, but some might not. Not much training other than "figure it out and get it done" Only 2 weeks of vacation and 3 after 10 years! You hear a lot of "that's how we have always done it or, that's not my job" Also known as, I'm here, I clock in, don't ask me for much more. An employee who is willing to problem solve instead of pass off issues will do very well here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is so much experience throughout the ranks at NC (been around since 1776), and we need to tap into that for the new employees. The silo effect of Service Vs Sales Vs Rental gets somewhat tiring. Every silo for themselves doesn't help create a team effort. I understand that's how CAT dealers are set up, but it ends up making people bitter and not willing to help each other instead of being competitive and pushing for a common goal.

Smart but conservative ownership

Finance Representative (Current Employee) South Seattle, WA

I have been working at N C Machinery full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Benefits (dental and 401K) and work / life balance… Cons: Large disparity between management and administrators pay More

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at N C Machinery

Pros: good people to work with Cons: pay was low and benifits were bad Advice to Senior Management: raise the pay More
There are newer reviews on N C Machinery.

Worked for N C Machinery? Contribute to the Community!