There are newer employer reviews for N2 Publishing

Set Yourself Up To Succeed

Former Employee - Area Director
Former Employee - Area Director

I worked at N2 Publishing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The main thing to realize here is that you are working a business. You are not trying to become some glorified committed employee. No one is going to micro-manage you and you in all senses of the word have to be a self-starter.

Once you develop your business, you hire your own staff and you have as much control as you would want.

The income opportunity can be ridiculous.

The top guys are making 400k+ and they are working 35-40 hour weeks. This is not an exaggeration or overstatement. This is also not some crazy abnormality.

People take vacations when they want, and do whatever they want, so long as their business doesn't fall apart.

Anyone that builds their business and doesn't take 4-6 months off after they hit the six figure mark should be making 200k+ in 2-3 years. One guy hit 12k/month after 3 months and was at 25k/month by the 9 month mark. Who knows what he's making now. He had an average closing percentage and an average sale amount. He was just consistent.

The average 1 year Area Director is approaching or surpassing 100k/year, and it's contracted revenue with ad clients, so in a sense it's residual.

There are many practices in place that are evolving, making it easier to to make even more income.

Cons

The only downside is figuring it out for 3-4 months while you develop your first publication. Once that's done, there shouldn't be that many complaints.

Usually anyone that leaves just doesn't want to be in business for themselves that much or doesn't like the world of advertising.

You got to get the mid managers (Executive Sales Directors) to have more time to help new Area Directors. It's the most crucial element to market growth, bar none.

No other one thing comes close to this one needed thing.

62 Other Employee Reviews for N2 Publishing (View Most Recent)

Best at what they do

I have been working at N2 Publishing

Pros

Business schedule. Business to business means evenings and weekends with family / friends. Residual Income. Great people. No Hype, just hardworking men and women

Cons

Not an overnight build. Takes 2 months minimum to set up if no local offices exist

None. They do a great job. Why else have they grown over 250% in the last few years?

Great Team Atmosphere, Humble Leadership, & Incredible Income Opportunity/Reality

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at N2 Publishing

Pros

The #1 positive comment I have about N2 Publishing and my 5 years working here. You will not find a better group of people who genuinely care about your success and who follow through with their mission statement of strengthening the family WHILE providing financial freedom...and not one or the other. At N2 you can have both, the balance of family/vacations and income without sacrificing the other. There is not one person in management that I don't deeply respect. There are no start up costs to the Area Director which is also nice.

I do want to comment on something I read on an earlier "review" on the company regarding "Company Sponsored Prayer Sessions". The company does have a weekly optional Bible Study but it's definitely not mandatory, nor does it affect whether someone will be promoted etc. In fact, most of the people in senior management don't attend the optional call. No one takes "attendance" on any optional conference calls, hence why they're optional!

Cons

You have to go 3 months without income when you start. Although there are not any "costs" when you start, you do have to work for a few months without making any money because that's about how long it takes to sell enough advertising to cover the costs of going to print. Another con is that due to the excessive growth of the company, although the leadership are extremely capable, there seems to be more Area Director's needing help than there are resources to help them. Although this is something leadership seems to be addressing so hopefully that will improve in the next year or so.

I don't think I have any additional advice to offer to management at N2. I suppose one thing might be to keep looking for ways to improve our current systems...which is what they've done for the past several years and it's been working.

There are newer employer reviews for N2 Publishing