NAPA Auto Parts

www.napaonline.com
  www.napaonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts

Awesome experience, with room for advancments

Current Employee - Counter Salesman in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Counter Salesman in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

The benifits are great, when a day off is needed it is almost always granted. Great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Some downsides are uniform changes this year, we have to supply our own because GPC did not resign with Cinta. Also we stand 8 hours a day, a stool would be nice.

Only thing I really have to say is show yourselves some more I know there are a lot of stores but we would like to know who we are working for.

170 Other Employee Reviews for NAPA Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Horrible upper Management

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

Good pay and advancing opportunities.

Cons

Upper management will make your life miserable every chance they get. Stores are under staffed, employees over worked, and they change managers fast, never ever giving time for relatioinships to be built with customers.

Fire all of your upper management people in Houston. They do not have a clue of how to run a business. Treat your employees like crap and then expect them to go the extra mile for the company? You hire morons for these positions. Take care of your store people, they are the face of the company.

Good Benefits, upper management intimidates.

Current Employee - Retail Automotive Parts Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Automotive Parts Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

The benefits, at least up to this point have been good. At the store level, the employees are friendly and helpful. The employee discounts help.

Cons

Upper management seems detached from reality, when it comes to the day to day operations of the stores. If they worked their way up they have forgotten what it is like or they just don't care. I think they worry more about getting their perks and bonuses, than they care about maintaining a competent store staff. In the 10 years I have worked for the company, I have witnessed several AM's and DM's that were incompetent, demeaning, and intimidating. These DM's have been responsible for the loss of several good employees over the years..folks Stores run under staffed, all the time. If someone goes on vacation, the extra work gets heaped on the staff, there is no support. Managers are expected to work 70-75 hours a week.

Quit trying to run stores like AZ or Advance. Quit trying to be open too many hours with too few employees. There is no reason for any Napa Stores to be open Sundays..the revenues don't even pay the light bill for the day. Quit talking about being a great family company and live it. Get rid of some of the dead wood at the top and hire some more good people to work in the stores. There are a lot of very good and loyal employees in the store...take care of them....they are the reason for the success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts