NAPA Auto Parts

There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts

Good and getting better.

Former Employee - IT Administrator in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - IT Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Personally, I had an awesome manger who leads by example. I've was exposed to new technology and was been given the keys to kingdom of growing opportunity. My hours were flexible and was an asset to the GPC team. Benefits are on par with any other Fotune X company. Training programs for career advancement are promoted. Again personally my manager strived for an equal work/life balance.

Cons

There still isn't an official remote/work-from-home policy. My guess is the C-level executives don't trust their employees. Salaries are below the national average for most, if not all, technology positions. Depending on the team and manager, your employment experince for GPC can be a nightmare. Some managers severely micro-manage their teams and clock-count every second they're in or out of the office. There's also a bit of red tape getting the tools needed to complete job tasks, even if its in the best interest of the company. Remember the training I mentioned in the Pro's? Actually getting a signature for said training is next to impossible.

Work from home policy; get on it or people will look for positions elsewhere. Get the taining quotes signed so the employees can stay at the top of their class. Don't be afraid to cut people if they're not pulling their weight.

171 Other Employee Reviews for NAPA Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

My Three Weeks Working At The Morgue

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Waldorf, MD

I worked at NAPA Auto Parts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

An acceptable place to work, and one that COULD have helped me keep my home of 23 years had things worked out. Delivery trucks were roadworthy, safe, and properly maintained (no questions asked, if something broke or wore out it was fixed asap). For the most part delivery vehicles were assigned, which as a life-long driver is appreciated and in my opinion greatly reduces vehicle neglect and abuse. Counter persons were highly knowledgeable and customers could find almost any part they needed in stock, but this had led to other issues (see Cons).

Cons

The building is a literal fire trap, wood structure with product (much of it flammable) so over-packed the isles are barely 2 feet wide, some exits blocked with product. A side door that take both hands to push open in the winter, and have to force open with your shoulder in the summer (has been that way for 20+ years!), and an inside "doorway" chiseled out of a concrete wall - no lintel or any structural framework. The occasional stray battery around a blind corner or the carpet tears that can hook your feet and throw you to the floor fast and hard. Owner is basically absentee (spends most of the summer months out riding around on one of his toys). Fellow employees were very competent and knowledgeable but are basically emotionally numb save for the occasional sarcastic quip. A very cold, gloomy and unfriendly atmosphere to work in. (Most longtime customers refers to the place jokingly as "The Morgue"). Employees under 6' tall will have much difficulty complying with some store policies. Mainly, as much inventory is packed to the ceiling, including heavy parts such as rotors. you are wisely forbidden to climb or straddle the shelves. For those shorter employees, this leaves using a step stool or ladder. The problem with this is you have a 3 minute time limit to weave and stumble your way through the half blocked isles, locate the correct part and race back with it. When playing Beat The Clock no one had time to replace the ladders in any designated location therefore it would take the next unlucky soul at least 3 minutes just searching for a ladder!

Far too much inventory for the space available. I fear that building in it's current state is a tragedy waiting to happen - for both employees AND customers.

NAPA Blue & Gold

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere and family like feel.

Cons

Not enough attention to what employees needs are

There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts