There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts

Not a good company to work fr

Current Employee - General Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
Current Employee - General Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good hours, off on sundays maybe could have stayed longer if i had some help. I liked it but is was good too

Cons

poor pay and coudn't get a pay raise. I tried really hard, but was tired of getting the run a round

pay better

reviews filtered by
  1. Lot of work for minimal pay

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Has an amazing part discount program for associates, making it very cost effective to repair vehicle.

Cons

While the management team tends to be a great group to work for (and that says a lot), the hours are difficult. Because they do not want to hire full time and employ as many part-time workers as possible, management tends to schedule employees as open availability (rotating/random schedule). This tendency makes it a challenge to supplement the lack of income with additional jobs, because the schedule is continuously changing.

Work on increasing hours, improving facilities, and maintain a consistent work schedule

The best there is!

Current Employee - Former Manager Now Counterman in Parsons, KS
    Current Employee - Former Manager Now Counterman in Parsons, KS

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In all,i have just under ten years in with NAPA / GPC.In that time,i have worked for them in three states and seven stores.The company has a great outlook,along with the other companies under the Corporate "GPC" banner.In general,they DO care about their employees.Benefits are not cheap,but they are available to ALL full time employees.They also have ongoing training courses which some are mandatory,and they fully support ASE certification.Many staff from corporate,to store level have well over 10 years in service.If you look for a future,with stability,i would certainly recommend GPC NAPA.

Cons

Not all stores are corporate owned and in many cases,it's hard to see the independents from the corporate stores.Independents are run differently in many cases and i can't say which ones are good,or better.

In the case of the "Company owned stores" i can admit that some managers can not handle the pressure of the job,that others can.In these particular stores,the staff often fail as a team and are not around as long as the better run stores are.NAPA will investigate problems like this,IF THEY ARE INFORMED ABOUT IT! Area managers,Divisoin managers and General managers,DO have an open door policy,as do HR managers and Division Vice Presidents.

Stores have frieght delivered every night.These stores often get way too much freight sent in and in several stores i have seen,there is just no where to put it.

Staff reviews are done often.I usually put my customers first and in my review,it reflected it.I personally was "dinged" for being "too friendly" with customers and "spending too much time with the customers" These "dings" are the only reason i am moving on.It's in my nature to provide good customer service.

Talk with your staff.Find out how leadership is at your stores,especially the main counters.Restrict excessive freight being sent to the smaller stores.In some cases it's dangerous and in others,a health hazard.Quit "dinging" staff because we are "too friendly" with customers,because it encourages us to move on.

There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts