There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts

NAPA Is Just All Right With Me

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

NAPA offers unparalleled product support, making it an easy brand to sell. For employees, the benefitsare excellent. Their national profile offers employees excellent opportunities to relocate without loss of seniority or benefits.

Cons

They not only retain bad employees, they nurture them. They also establish a standard of performance for employees of vendor manufacturers. Having spent thirty years in the industry outside the NAPA cocoon, only one in ten of NAPA's manufacturer's reps would survive in the outside world.

Protection of long time employees is admirable. Protection of long time managers who don't, can't perform and endanger the livelihoods of all around them is stupid.

159 Other Employee Reviews for NAPA Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Deliver parts to garages and many other duties around the store

Current Employee - Parts Driver in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Parts Driver in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts

Pros

I really like my boss so it makes the job alot easier for me, I am a recent college grad and have worked this position through most of my college years. Good job for a flexible schedule, no midnight shifts, and a laid back work enviroment. Morale is high because everybody gets along, but its also because we have a very efficient and fair manager. He is very accomodating if you need time off, and is happy if you return the favor with working hard without being told to do so.

Cons

You will be asked to do much more than just deliver; cleaning, stocking, class returns, recieving orders, inventory, battery cores, is just a few of the things you will be asked to do for the same $7.50/hr you would get paid to drive around and drop off parts. There is also no benefits in this position which is a major downfall since you are constantly lifting heavy items.

pay a little more than the usual rate just to keep good help, although low man, efficiency in this position is essential for a successful operation.

If you work on the retail side of the automotive parts business, NAPA is one of the better companies to work for.

I worked at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company provides good benefits, offers decent incentives/bonuses and you can learn quite a bit if you're here long enough.

Cons

On the retail side, you will be working a lot of weekends and evenings. Pay increases are few and far between and minimal on the rare occasion when they do happen.

Make sure store employees get the value and recognition they deserve. Look to fill positions internally first before going outside of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for NAPA Auto Parts