NASA Ames Research Center
www.arc.nasa.gov Moffet Field, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Ames, a great place to work

Summer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsMentors are provided and they give good advice. A great place to work up the ladder, so to speak. As well the environment is wonderful, in terms of people and location. Also a great company to network at.

ConsIt is rather difficult to get inside if you are not a United States Citizen. It is possible though. Depending on the department, your ability to handle bureaucracy will be a great asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe on the lookout on what people want to do. Passion drives a lot more than anything else.

NASA Ames work experience

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at NASA Ames Research Center as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: People are nice, or at least they try to be polite outwardly. There is a collegial atmosphere,… Cons: The skill level of the software engineers are actually not that high. Most of the time, one guy does most of the work while… Advice to Senior Management: Too much bureaucracy, but that's not ever going to change… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

System Engineer

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Moffett Field, CA

I worked at NASA Ames Research Center as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great people great place lot of fun Cons: too many layers but what you expect it is government Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NASA Ames Research Center.

Worked for NASA Ames Research Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASA Ames Research Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NASA Ames Research Center CEO Charles F. Bolden, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by NASA Ames Research Center employees.