NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
www.jpl.nasa.gov Pasadena, CA 5000+ Employees

Great if you can compromise. Lots of politics!

Engineer II (Former Employee)

I worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

ProsA class of their own. Best of the best among employees, processes, and organization. A great manufacturing system as far as automation, software and hardware. NASA typically chooses the best, so you get to work with a diverse group from top ranked graduates and employees.

ConsAs expected, politics galore! Everyone is out to compete and move up the corporate ladder. Lots of egos. A problem is hardly solved quickly, you would have to go thru a long chain of commands before it gets looked at. If you don't go thru specific people, watch out! The process is pretty efficient. It can get boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork together more. Listen to new ideas and suggestions.

Great experience working on cutting-edge projects

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Pros: Privileged to work on interesting projects. There is an exchange of a lot of technical knowledge and the… Cons: Compared to similar positions at other companies, the salary compensation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good experience working at JPL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Pros: Excellent projects to work for, very professional people to work… Cons: JPL and NASA are downsizing Advice to Senior Management: JPL needs more and bigger projects, need more work at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Worked for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory CEO Dr. Charles Elachi. All reviews posted anonymously by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory employees.