NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
www.jpl.nasa.gov Pasadena, CA 5000+ Employees

VERY smart people, historically important projects.

Associate Engineer (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart colleagues, opportunities to build space flight hardware, getting called a rocket scientist for the rest of your life, incredible infrastructure and resources, ability to carry a project end-to-end: concept, design, analyze, build, test, fly. Optional 9/80 work schedule gives you every other Friday off.

ConsNerdy, not very social. Big picture of work is incredibly meaningful, but junior engineers end up down in the weeds over-analyzing small aspects. Can get boring on day-to-day basis. Can be difficult to get more interesting assignments when competing with MS and PhD candidates for limited spots on desirable projects. Career growth is slow.

Good place to intern, bureaucracy is annoying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good place to intern at Cons: Maybe my perspective was limited as an intern, but I found… More

Great experience working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.

I have been working at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Pros: Great job environment. A work place allows employees to learn… Cons: Sometimes getting too busy, especially many meeting, and no time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Worked for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory CEO Dr. Charles Elachi. All reviews posted anonymously by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory employees.