NASDAQ OMX Group

business.nasdaq.com
There are newer employer reviews for NASDAQ OMX Group

NASDAQ is a good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Maynard, MA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Maynard, MA

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros

In general, I'd consider nasdaq omx to be a good place to work. I felt that emnployees were treated well and compensated very fairly based on their contribution. It is a company that is constantly looking for new ways to generate revenue, and it provides far more services to its clients than you would normall associate with a stock market. Because of this, I feel that there is opportunity to make an impact by helping create new business.

Cons

At the time I was working there, NASDAQ seemed to be overly concerned with acquisitions, which seemed to distract the company from its core mission.

None.

100 Other Employee Reviews for NASDAQ OMX Group (View Most Recent)

Nasdaq: Captalisms shining beacon of ho-hum

Current Employee - Wouldn't You Like to Know in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Wouldn't You Like to Know in New York, NY

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros

There are few if any in this country who have a similar skill set who get to do what I do and get a decent salary with nice benefits and get a bonus on top o that.

Cons

Senior management are overall pretty human, but the select C-level have the attention span of rabbits when it comes to the common employee gripes. And it always seems like you are one mistake away from unemployment, eben when things are goin well for the overall company. Never a word of positive feednack, but loud criticism for the most minute of mistakes. Definitely micro-managing and reactionary managment.

You set the agenda, but your employees are the fuel that fires the engine. Do more to ensure that morale stays high, Press your managers to be honest about who really deserves some recognition and stop allowing them to keep rewarding their flunkies.

Choose the right department and you could be successful

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros

Interesting and challenging work in a competitive environment and field. If you work in the "right" department, your potential for learning, development and advancement is limitless. Skills and competencies are easily transferable to other financial services firms, particularly those on Wall Street. Flexible schedules are available, and, in some cases, encouraged. There is a diversity of opportunities given the structure of the company so there is something for everyone.

Cons

Huge disparities in employee treatment across departments. Some managers promote and reward performance for even mediocre employees; while other managers do little to reward stellar workers. The pay does not keep pace with industry standards.

Ensure that there is more parity in development, advancement and compensation throughout the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for NASDAQ OMX Group