NASDAQ OMX Group

www.nasdaqomx.com

Director (in a business line)

Director (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsIt's a great learning environment and dedicated people. Excellent exposure to high profile individuals and issues confronting Wall Street. It is an outstanding brand and it is great to be tackling issues fundamental to the the economy. Good equity participation opportunities.

ConsCompetitive forces created many rounds of layoff/reduction-in-force. It can lead to depressed morale and a lot of work for those left over. Nature of the business lends itself to a lot of competition from ECNs. Lots of pressure and long hours. There are high expectations and sometimes not as high appreciation for delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearer expectations about how to make a difference to the bottom line. While communication of overall strategy was good, it would have been better to know how to make a difference to those solve problems in the 'ivory tower'.

Politics and legacy over performance and ability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros: Fair compensation and a global environment. Forward-looking senior management always keeps the… Cons: Fierce internal competition for little reason General lack of well deserved recognition Senior management is too busy to be engaged with those doing the work to understand… Advice to Senior Management: Take a good look at who is actually producing for you and take a chance on those people. Perpetuating legacy will not take the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

NASDAQ is a good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros: In general, I'd consider nasdaq omx to be a good place to work. I felt that emnployees were treated well and compensated very fairly… Cons: At the time I was working there, NASDAQ seemed to be overly… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NASDAQ OMX Group.

Worked for NASDAQ OMX Group? Contribute to the Community!