NASDAQ OMX Group

www.nasdaqomx.com

Well, what can I say. Really quite bad.

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood benefits including 6% 401(k) match, but no public transportation stipend. Decent hours, but they are inflexible. Office is in the Financial District and the commute is easy.

ConsBase salary is too low for San Francisco. The Thomson Reuters acquisition process was a complete disaster...trying to integrate a larger team into a smaller one in the way they tried just didn't work. Trying to integrate the legacy TR and NASDAQ products together isn't working either. Clients are very unhappy and are canceling left and right to go to competitors. Five sales people have left in the past month alone to get off of the sinking ship. Communication between sales and service is so disjointed that management thinks using Excel spreadsheets is the way to go. There are processes in place just for the sake of having a process.

This company is probably great for you if you are looking to plod along in the same position for 5+ years. Other employees aren't driven and are content with 'stability' over growth. Do not come here if you prefer working in a start-up environment because, contrary to what NASDAQ might tell you, they are not an 'aspiring technology company' and cannot possibly compete with smaller, more nimble competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Stop cutting costs at literally every corner and start treating us like it's your employees that make the company. And stop making life for clients difficult just because you can.

Was great for a while then went downhill very rapidly after large acquisition that happened in June '13.

Managing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very good benefits, base pay, high quality coworkers. Some legacy products… Cons: Management in place now with the Thomson acquisition that has absolutely no clue what they are doing. Misstep after misstep from product roll-outs to Facebook… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your people vs giving yourselves raises...training benefits everyone and adds to your bottom line via increased sales. Also, learn to treat your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time

Pros: Talented people, good salary & benefits, interesting work Cons: Understaffed to the point of always putting out fires; difficult to catch up. Lack of transparency particularly in HR matters. Little to no investment… Advice to Senior Management: Leave the executive area and get to know your employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NASDAQ OMX Group.

Worked for NASDAQ OMX Group? Contribute to the Community!