NASM
www.nasm.org Calabasas, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Good Company to Work For but Expect Lower Pay

Development Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at NASM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFrom the beginning, the onsite gym, pay, benefits, people, and overall environment at the work site were great.

ConsBig company bureaucracy, poor annual process reviews, no encouragement around career development, shifting of "strategic" priorities. Ever since the company was sold to a mid-size company and then almost immediately bought out by an investment firm, there has been constant process change that caused tension in the work environment. Constant upper management change, constant process change (no stable processes), unrealistic year end goals for business units, frequent layoffs (to help increase the bottom line).

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management at parent company. Simplify your processes and allow for more stability. Allow each business unit to run itself instead of attempting to share resources amongst business units. Too many cooks in the kitchen creates confusion. Also, too many managers, directors, VP's. If you want to increase your bottom line, start there. Look at the successes of other big companies. Learn from them. Also, support job focused career development skills and your employees will be able to do more for you.

Chaotic but great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Calabasas, CA

I worked at NASM

Pros: great people who are friendly and more than willing to help great… Cons: the company tends to be disorganized with introducing new products to the market.… Advice to Senior Management: Most of your organization and people are very positive, nice and hardworking. It would be beneficial to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Foundation strong but ship is sinking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NASM

Pros: Some great people work there, who are passionate and love… Cons: When the company was purchased by ATI (Now Ascend Learning) it took on a corporate culture and no longer cares about the fitness industry only… Advice to Senior Management: Lower price of materials and cut your own salaries. In a industry where the trainers make about 40K a year it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NASM.

Worked for NASM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NASM CEO Andrew Wyant. All reviews posted anonymously by NASM employees.