NAVAJO Company

www.navajocompany.com
  www.navajocompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for NAVAJO Company

experience w/ big companies, pressure on employees to work long hours

Current Employee - Flash Developer
Current Employee - Flash Developer

I have been working at NAVAJO Company

Pros

get experience w/ big companies

Cons

location, pressure to work long hours at times

less pressure on employees to work long hours

7 Other Employee Reviews for NAVAJO Company (View Most Recent)

Unique experience

Former Employee - Copywriter
    Former Employee - Copywriter

I worked at NAVAJO Company full-time

Pros

both pro/con:
    Nice, professional coworkers always willing to help each other out, and pleasant office, although it was so quiet that it felt almost self-conscious to talk aloud, as in a library. When hired, the work I thought would be a major part of my job was minimal. The work I actually spent most time on required knowledge of enterprise technology, of which I had none. And the final work produced was very exacting. Thus it was a pretty steep learning curve and it took a while before the light went on, but management was very patient and my supervisor and coworkers were very helpful in allowing me to learn this new marketable skillset. I was a square peg, and instead of fitting me into a square hole, shaved off my corners and fit me into their round hole. But in the end I learned a new skill, and am grateful for that.
    The environment is really a non-environment, workers engaged with their computers, spending their 8 hours plowing through the work in front of them. I had hoped there would be more flexibility, especially considering the nature of the work, and was led to believe so when hired, but there was minimal opportunity to work outside the office. And with the office located in Milpitas, it’s inconvenient unless you live in the south bay.
    I think the company has potential to move beyond it's core service of mostly producing case studies and success stories, especially with its track record with major tech firms, which would also make things more interesting for employees. Management could also infuse more, or encourage more, dynamism in the office. Even something as simple as, say, a sound system softly playing classical music in the background would help.

Cons

cons combined with above pros

Low salary, poor morale, long hours and micromanagement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at NAVAJO Company

Pros

Opportunity to take on tasks related to a variety of positions
    Opportunity to work with a variety of high-tech companies

Cons

- Management pressures employees to improve and grow the business, but tends to be negative and resistant to new ideas. My experience was that management was unwilling to invest in strategic advertising/marketing in a meaningful and committed way, and often cancelled even minor new initiatives if they didn’t return immediate results.

- Management consistently demonstrated that employees are simply a means to an end to bring in money. Management does not seem interested employees’ growth path or personal fulfillment career-wise. You are there to bill time, period.

- Management seems to avoid engaging with clients and brings minimal to no value to the actual projects.

- As an employee, you must bill clients almost by the minute. However, during the initial contract period, my experience was that I was only paid for the time I billed. Consequently, several times I was in the office and worked an 11 or 12-hour day, but only got paid for 8 if that is all I billed clients.

- Company culture is flat. Taking lunch away from your desk and socializing with co-workers is not encouraged. Sick days are thoroughly questioned and you are expected to be available and in communication while home sick.

- Full-time, salaried employees were routinely asked to take days without pay if things were slow; if a vacation day is requested management often would suggest the day be taken off without pay instead.

- Be more open and receptive to advice on expanding the business
    - Take meaningful steps to make employees feel valued for their contributions

There are newer employer reviews for NAVAJO Company