NAVAJO Company

www.navajocompany.com

High pressure to take on excessive amounts of work without appreciation

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Milpitas, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Milpitas, CA

Pros

1) Opportunities to learn new skills and learn about the technical industry.
2) Opportunities to build client relationships and network.
3) Opportunities to work with Fortune 100 companies and up-and-coming high tech companies.

Cons

1) Pressure to employees to be productive and fully functional in a position within days of hire.
2) Pressure to employees to bill as many hours (minutes) of the day as possible to the client.
3) Pressure to work (from home) while sick; difficult to take an entire day off while sick.
4) Pressure to take on types of work not encompassed in an employee's job description and in which an employee may have no experience (such as from another position entirely).
5) Pressure to take on excessive amounts of work to cover for when other employees leave the company.
6) Lengthy time periods until replacement employees are hired.
7) Pressure to take on more work than will fit into an 8-hour day; Pressure to work overtime to complete all work.
8) High employee turnover.
9) Library quiet office environment.
10) Micromanaging management.
11) Management uninvolved in client relations.

1) Personally build client relations and client loyalty; do not rely entirely on AEs.
2) Personally be involved in business development; attend trade shows and seminars; network with the industry.
3) Invest in employee happiness and build loyalty; offer small perks such as breakfast or lunch once in a while.

Other reviews for NAVAJO Company

experience w/ big companies, pressure on employees to work long hours

Current Employee - Flash Developer
    Current Employee - Flash Developer

Pros

get experience w/ big companies

Cons

location, pressure to work long hours at times

less pressure on employees to work long hours

Unique experience

Former Employee - Copywriter
    Former Employee - Copywriter

Pros

both pro/con:
    Nice, professional coworkers always willing to help each other out, and pleasant office, although it was so quiet that it felt almost self-conscious to talk aloud, as in a library. When hired, the work I thought would be a major part of my job was minimal. The work I actually spent most time on required knowledge of enterprise technology, of which I had none. And the final work produced was very exacting. Thus it was a pretty steep learning curve and it took a while before the light went on, but management was very patient and my supervisor and coworkers were very helpful in allowing me to learn this new marketable skillset. I was a square peg, and instead of fitting me into a square hole, shaved off my corners and fit me into their round hole. But in the end I learned a new skill, and am grateful for that.
    The environment is really a non-environment, workers engaged with their computers, spending their 8 hours plowing through the work in front of them. I had hoped there would be more flexibility, especially considering the nature of the work, and was led to believe so when hired, but there was minimal opportunity to work outside the office. And with the office located in Milpitas, it’s inconvenient unless you live in the south bay.
    I think the company has potential to move beyond it's core service of mostly producing case studies and success stories, especially with its track record with major tech firms, which would also make things more interesting for employees. Management could also infuse more, or encourage more, dynamism in the office. Even something as simple as, say, a sound system softly playing classical music in the background would help.

Cons

cons combined with above pros

There are newer employer reviews for NAVAJO Company.

Worked for NAVAJO Company? Contribute to the Community!