NAVTEQ
www.navteq.com Chicago, IL

Company looking forward and trying to make its Employees feel valued

Chicago, IL

ProsInnovation is focused on to be a part of company culture (time set aside for employees to do what they want for the good of the company). This is an exciting place to work. They offer competitive pay and have a more interesting domain model, including mapping technologies and graphics that other companies in the Chicago area. The downtown office is also a great building in a great location. The company embraces everyone maintaining a very good work life balance - with decent vacation offered.

ConsMerge with Nokia still not complete and the Nokia family as a whole still in time of transition with the future unknown. They do try to communicate their plans ahead of time where they can and inspire the workers - but it is hard to say if it will pay off or not.

Restructuring of Navteq to Nokia not beneficial to employees

Geographic Technician (Current Employee)
    Fargo, ND

I have been working at NAVTEQ full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Flexible hours, friendly co-workers & management, interesting & fun product to work on/be a part… Cons: Company is cheap. Low wages, no opportunities for advancement, no 'light at the end of the tunnel'. The recession and the restructuring from… Advice to Senior Management: Your veteran employees know the company inside & out, it would be beneficial to the company as a whole to hold on to those individuals… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for. Flexible work hours. Well managed and profitable business.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at NAVTEQ as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Experiment with new technologies. Agile techniques and services. Cons: Management lacks focus at time-strictness. Advice to Senior Management: Most Senior managers from top schools. Management is sometimes too… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NAVTEQ.

Worked for NAVTEQ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAVTEQ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NAVTEQ CEO Stephen Elop. All reviews posted anonymously by NAVTEQ employees.