Only an intern but...

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at NBC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was only an intern but I genuinely loved working at NBC. Overall it was a great company and I really learned a lot about myself and what I want to pursue as a career. I was in NBC Sports so I don't know if this is for everywhere but in my department they offered meet and greets with executives from all sorts of departments so you could hear how they got where they are. This was how I decided I want to go to law school and I wouldn't have known that without their help!

Cons

I do wish I got to do more hands-on projects... but at the same time I wouldn't have learned the industry as well without the "mundane" tasks I was assigned. I only sat in on one phone call and it would have been better to have been able to sit in on more meetings or conferences.

Allow interns into more aspects of day to day tasks. Shadow days maybe?

Other Reviews for NBC

Excellent Place to Work

Former Employee - Editor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Editor in New York, NY

I worked at NBC full-time

Pros

Smart people stay here forever until the HR decides that you are going to get a package. They have excellent benefits. Great people to work with and opportunities to grow if you are willing to stick out for a couple years.

Cons

People are let go without cause. This is a very stressful environment with a growing paranoia.

Stop giving so much responsibility to interns.

Great learning experience!

Former Employee - Sports Department Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sports Department Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at NBC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People at NBC Chicago are extremely friendly, work hard, and know their stuff.

Cons

Upper management didn't do the best job when it came to securing on-air talent. Sometimes caused extra work load and stress

There are newer employer reviews for NBC.

Worked for NBC? Contribute to the Community!