There are newer employer reviews for NBC

Goog

Current Employee - Producer Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Producer Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at NBC

Pros

Good enviroment to work in

Cons

Too much work for one person

good job

43 Other Employee Reviews for NBC (View Most Recent)

great place to work

Current Employee - Programmer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NBC

Pros

great place, nice people, very friendly. you can wear jeans to work. my manager are very flexible and understanding, although he is demanding sometimes.

Cons

lots of work; work overtime without pay. sometimes i have to work over the weekend. difficult to commute to the building; no parking spot provided. there're not many good restaurants around. packing food to work is not my style.

they're great.

Miopic Management at NBC Values Short-term Profit More than People

Former Employee - Editor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Editor in New York, NY

I worked at NBC

Pros

Salaries are competitve to good, when you're hired full-time; company too often hires freelancers on a day-rate to save money. There is a certain prestige still associated with the network, but more to outsiders than those within the buildings.

Cons

capricious management, little options for growth. In recent years, the company has lost sight of its news focus and, in panic, rushed to make seriously damaging decisions in its newsrooms. I dream of the days when there was mutual respect between management and staff. It is virtually impossible to find now. Employees are terminated without cause, on a whim, without notice, making the level of anxiety and paranoia very high. The atmosphere is tense and often confrontational.

Respect employees, value their contributions, realize that long term employees have much to offer the company

There are newer employer reviews for NBC