NBCUniversal

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Wonderful and supportive enviornment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MANAGEMENT REVIEW - unlike many other companies NBC cares about and monitors the performance of management. If unsatisfactory they are dealt with just as a lower level employee would be. VERY SUPPORTIVE, Team work oriented, they invest money in the right places.

Cons

GE was a con because it was not a media oriented organization - I believe COMCAST now owning the majority of NBCU will really give it the push that it needs.

607 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

good and relax

Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible working hours
    friendly co-workers
    great benefits
    free theme park tickets
    team building activities

Cons

too much marketing driven
    not strong technique team
    some non-tech background people are doing stupid PM job
    management level does not care about low level's job

share your piece of money with us

Where micro-managers prevail and creativity goes to die.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Given that this is such a large company, you can definitely find some really amazing people here (of course, you can also find some less amazing people...)
    The work can be super interesting and fulfilling because you're dealing with TV!
    TVs are stationed at most people's desk. Even if you don't get one, they'll give you this software on your computer so you can access internet-enabled TV.
    I had a sick office at 30 Rock with an amazing view, flat screen mounted on my wall, and I sat in a $1,000 chair.
    You get to meet celebs. NBC forces them to sign autographs for us.
    This was very much a 9am-5pm job, so the hours were great (if you're into that).
    There are some good training opportunities.
    They throw pretty swank parties.

Cons

This is such an enormous company that there is just so much red tape and bureaucracy. Nobody seemed all that interested in really making things better or more efficient or in making a real difference. I think my boss really just wanted to leave at 6pm every day. Every time I came to her with a new idea, she would ask me to stick to the template or tell me that wasn't my department. When I stayed late, she asked me not to and told me I had time management problems. It seems extreme micro-management is the management style of preference at this company. While I LOVE TV, the job eventually became pretty soul-crushing. I wasn't given any real responsibility and I'd basically get berated any time I tried to go above and beyond my job description. The people at the top have all been there for decades and there's little room for advancement if you're a newbie.

Try to foster creativity and fire micro-managers.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal