There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Up and Down

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. GREAT benefits. As someone who has worked in digital for a long time, I can say my insurance and perks easily trump anything I've had anywhere else. Pay is also competitive, though I hear from others it's not for their roles. Big company with name recognition is always nice and I usually leave on time.

Cons

My business unit is often chaotic. I have no clear growth path. There are some astoundingly bad employees on the payroll that have been tolerated for years despite obvious unsatisfactory performance. I question if senior management of my department has any clue as to how systematic the problems are.

Focus more on day to day operations. Hold all employees to a high standard. Engage with your product and commit to improving performance for the sake of both pleasing your clients and retaining your best employees.

575 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

It Was Good Once

Former Employee - Manager in Universal Cty, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Universal Cty, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As studios go, Universal is a nice studio. Beyond that, I really can't add a whole lot more.

Cons

Serious lack of competent management and much of it at the very senior levels.

Talk to the employees at the non-management level and find out what's really going on with some of the senior management. There are good ideas to be found there. This has to be above the SVP or EVP level though as that is where a great deal of the problems are.

Fun place to work - but effective top managers have been drained

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun entertainment environment, valuable support from Comcast management. Lot's of exposure to high level projects, unfortunately, that's because team is realatively spread thin. Get to see many Universal films pre-release! Despite the cons - it's a place you can feel proud to work and even run into celebrities from time to time.

Cons

In Sourcing Department little to no career growth path unless you threaten to leave. Senior most management team doesn't seem to care about employees and all of those senior managers who were loved in the pre-Steve Burke days have left. Not enough vacation days, no bonuses below Director level (this is definitely not banking type benefits).

Start taking career paths more seriously and promote your valuable employees.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal