NBCUniversal
www.nbcuni.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

top heavy management

Empolyee (Current Employee)
Studio City, CA

Prosone of the few companies in town that still have Union employees. They are really hard Some of the best workers around.

ConsManagers do not know the the jobs of their direct reports and are bullies. Very little raises only what is in the union contract and they are always very fast to throw it in your face that you are union and they don't have to do anymore then the minimum in the contract no matter how hard you work.

There is also a very large wage gap within the same jobs.

Also there is no communication from management they get go from meeting to meeting and give you no direction or response to question you may have on a project.. Please note this may note be this way in all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. This is your chance to make Universal great again. don't keep the Old GE types around ask the low man on the totem pole what is really going on.

Up and Down

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits. GREAT benefits. As someone who has worked in digital for a long time, I can say my insurance and perks easily trump anything… Cons: My business unit is often chaotic. I have no clear growth path. There are some astoundingly bad employees on the payroll that have been… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on day to day operations. Hold all employees to a high standard. Engage with your product… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun place to work - but effective top managers have been drained

Sourcing Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fun entertainment environment, valuable support from Comcast management. Lot's of exposure to high level projects, unfortunately, that's because team is realatively spread thin. Get to… Cons: In Sourcing Department little to no career growth path unless you threaten to leave. Senior most management team doesn't seem to care about employees and… Advice to Senior Management: Start taking career paths more seriously and promote your valuable… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NBCUniversal.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NBCUniversal CEO Stephen B. Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees.