There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

top heavy management

Current Employee - Empolyee  in  Studio City, CA
Current Employee - Empolyee in Studio City, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

one of the few companies in town that still have Union employees. They are really hard Some of the best workers around.

Cons

Managers do not know the the jobs of their direct reports and are bullies. Very little raises only what is in the union contract and they are always very fast to throw it in your face that you are union and they don't have to do anymore then the minimum in the contract no matter how hard you work.

There is also a very large wage gap within the same jobs.

Also there is no communication from management they get go from meeting to meeting and give you no direction or response to question you may have on a project.. Please note this may note be this way in all departments.

Clean house. This is your chance to make Universal great again. don't keep the Old GE types around ask the low man on the totem pole what is really going on.

550 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

Up and Down

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. GREAT benefits. As someone who has worked in digital for a long time, I can say my insurance and perks easily trump anything I've had anywhere else. Pay is also competitive, though I hear from others it's not for their roles. Big company with name recognition is always nice and I usually leave on time.

Cons

My business unit is often chaotic. I have no clear growth path. There are some astoundingly bad employees on the payroll that have been tolerated for years despite obvious unsatisfactory performance. I question if senior management of my department has any clue as to how systematic the problems are.

Focus more on day to day operations. Hold all employees to a high standard. Engage with your product and commit to improving performance for the sake of both pleasing your clients and retaining your best employees.

It Was Good Once

Former Employee - Manager  in  Universal Cty, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Universal Cty, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As studios go, Universal is a nice studio. Beyond that, I really can't add a whole lot more.

Cons

Serious lack of competent management and much of it at the very senior levels.

Talk to the employees at the non-management level and find out what's really going on with some of the senior management. There are good ideas to be found there. This has to be above the SVP or EVP level though as that is where a great deal of the problems are.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!