NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com
  www.nbcuni.com
There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Lots of nonsense since GE took over

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, smart people, talented people. Working on the lot or have access to the lot. Lots of affinity groups for women, GLBT, Asian, Black, and other employees - very inclusive work environment. Lots of women in management.

Cons

All these talented people can barely get their jobs done with all the beaurocratic obstacles tossed in their way thanks to GE's "military"-esque management style. Corporate need for managing every statistic and every detail of every detail has taken most all of what you loved about your job out of your job.

Cut the metrics/statistics/managing of the managing of what's being managed and just get back to letting people work. Offshoring, while extremely profitable for GE and has brought many bright people to our work environment from India, has been a true killer of any joy of work for all employees in IT. Basically our jobs are to manage people to do what used to be our own jobs. Really fun. Not.

604 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

Great company instilling invaluable experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Human resources does a really great job with transitioning you into the job. As an intern, you are given all the tools needed to succeed. My director always took the time to explain his expectations for the job, why my contributions were important to the team, and kept me engaged throughout the duration of the intern program. I not only met a lot of great people, but also gained invaluable experience.

Cons

Some intern positions within the company are unpaid while others are.

Great place to intern

Former Employee - IT Intern in Universal City, CA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of things to do, you get to meet executives. All employees are extremely receptive, especially to interns, I was able to talk to many high level executives

Cons

internships are generally unpaid so that is the downfall. Sometimes work is slow and there is not much to do.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal