NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com

Lots of nonsense since GE took over

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsGreat people, smart people, talented people. Working on the lot or have access to the lot. Lots of affinity groups for women, GLBT, Asian, Black, and other employees - very inclusive work environment. Lots of women in management.

ConsAll these talented people can barely get their jobs done with all the beaurocratic obstacles tossed in their way thanks to GE's "military"-esque management style. Corporate need for managing every statistic and every detail of every detail has taken most all of what you loved about your job out of your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the metrics/statistics/managing of the managing of what's being managed and just get back to letting people work. Offshoring, while extremely profitable for GE and has brought many bright people to our work environment from India, has been a true killer of any joy of work for all employees in IT. Basically our jobs are to manage people to do what used to be our own jobs. Really fun. Not.

Good place for anyone interested in media/entertainment

Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Name reputation, variety of departments Cons: For interns, entry-level positions in some departments it can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company instilling invaluable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Human resources does a really great job with transitioning you into the job. As an intern, you are given all the tools needed to succeed.… Cons: Some intern positions within the company are unpaid while others… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NBCUniversal.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!