NBCUniversal

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

I have worked at NBC for over 6 years and have had a wonderful career

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job advancement, excellent management, positive attitudes, great pay, excellent healthcare

Cons

Some of the politics played withing the company are hard to deal with, lots of change in terms of re-orging etc

Don't move people out of areas they thrive at because it doesn't fit in with your new structure

658 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

it is a roller coaster ride, and not all of it is fun

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Universal Cty, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Universal Cty, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it is not boring, but it is chaotic and there are a lot of politics that drive decisions

Cons

the politics and uncertainty are maddening at times. there are a lot of seemingly arbitrary deadlines set with no thought given to the reality of meeting them.

Lots of nonsense since GE took over

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, smart people, talented people. Working on the lot or have access to the lot. Lots of affinity groups for women, GLBT, Asian, Black, and other employees - very inclusive work environment. Lots of women in management.

Cons

All these talented people can barely get their jobs done with all the beaurocratic obstacles tossed in their way thanks to GE's "military"-esque management style. Corporate need for managing every statistic and every detail of every detail has taken most all of what you loved about your job out of your job.

Cut the metrics/statistics/managing of the managing of what's being managed and just get back to letting people work. Offshoring, while extremely profitable for GE and has brought many bright people to our work environment from India, has been a true killer of any joy of work for all employees in IT. Basically our jobs are to manage people to do what used to be our own jobs. Really fun. Not.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal