NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com
There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Tremendous learning opportunities, great experience and you work very, very hard

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

NBCU will give you a as much responsibility as you're willing to take on and if you are up for a great challenge you will get a lot out of it. Television has very hard deadlines with big visibility so you are tasked with delivering on time and making sure that work you've done is high quality. Top talent gets recognized.

Cons

Huge company with tons of administrative tasks to be done at any level. It's pretty political but if you're focused on delivering great work and doing the right thing you can potentially swerve out of the way. It is not very easy to remove someone who has been there a long time and used to doing things in a certain way, a way which may or may not line up with how it needs to be done.

Focus more on truly strategic longer term goals and not as much on staying out of trouble in the short term.

635 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

Satisfactory experience

Former Employee - Intern in Universal City, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

There are fully stocked fridges and cabinets!! Filled with healthy snacks and drinks for all the employees. I would not have time to eat breakfast most mornings, so I would make myself oatmeal at work. The work atmosphere is very casual and laid-back.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment

NBCU is a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is willing to invest in the people and company future. Upper management is moving to repair the damage done in the past few years.

Cons

Location could be a problem for some people. A 24/7 work schedule in some departments is the norm.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal