There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Great people and community, but slow movement/growth within the organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, community, and perks.

Cons

Internal movement and growth is not as prioritized - great stepping stone job.

I loved my boss when I was there. He really took time to make sure I was happy. He was approachable, and we built a fantastic working relationship. There wasn't much of a growth opportunity for me with him, but he supported me when I decided I wanted to explore growing in a different department in the organization. My advice to upper management would be to invest in your employees. There's a lot of talk about it, and not much action. I eventually accepted an opportunity outside of the organization, and was sad to leave. I would have rather continued to learn and grow at NBCU.

551 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

Tremendous learning opportunities, great experience and you work very, very hard

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NBCU will give you a as much responsibility as you're willing to take on and if you are up for a great challenge you will get a lot out of it. Television has very hard deadlines with big visibility so you are tasked with delivering on time and making sure that work you've done is high quality. Top talent gets recognized.

Cons

Huge company with tons of administrative tasks to be done at any level. It's pretty political but if you're focused on delivering great work and doing the right thing you can potentially swerve out of the way. It is not very easy to remove someone who has been there a long time and used to doing things in a certain way, a way which may or may not line up with how it needs to be done.

Focus more on truly strategic longer term goals and not as much on staying out of trouble in the short term.

Satisfactory experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Universal City, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are fully stocked fridges and cabinets!! Filled with healthy snacks and drinks for all the employees. I would not have time to eat breakfast most mornings, so I would make myself oatmeal at work. The work atmosphere is very casual and laid-back.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!