NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com

Fun company to work for, but fairly silo'd between divisions - not a lot of mobility across groups

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFantastic brands, creative people, historic facilities. A chance to work with talent and shows that people have heard of and are part of the cultural conversation.

ConsStill getting the overall strategic direction in place- it's been better since the Comcast acquisition. Some divisions are better managed than others. Lots of reactive planning vs. long term vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce accountability to follow top line strategy- people nod yes to the direction and then do what they want. Lots of projects and ventures started without measuring true success at the end. Still a very meeting and Powerpoint heavy culture - the first question at every meeting: 'is there a deck?'

Production Manager

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time

Pros: rotating schedule gives job variety Cons: rotating schedule stifles private life Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Tremendous learning opportunities, great experience and you work very, very hard

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: NBCU will give you a as much responsibility as you're willing to take on and if you are up for a great challenge you will… Cons: Huge company with tons of administrative tasks to be done at any level. It's pretty political but if you're focused on delivering great work… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on truly strategic longer term goals and not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NBCUniversal.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!