NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com
  www.nbcuni.com
There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

Old media giant struggling to adapt...

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at NBCUniversal

Pros

Good benefits
Smart, hard-working employees
Fun, creative work environment
Worldwide brand recognition

Cons

Senior management is out of touch with new technologies impacting the business
Hierarchy and convoluted org structure impedes decisions from being made quickly
Many groups within the company are working on similar projects and "reinventing the wheel" without knowing it.
Old boys club where well-connected people get hired into good positions even if they are not the most qualified.
Not enough minorities in senior management.

Focus more on positioning the company for long-term success and less on short-term wins. Hire and promote more minorities.

604 Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal (View Most Recent)

Mixed bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal

Pros

It's media ... where else can you say Jimmy Fallon in the elevator and Brian Williams at lunch? Definitely an interesting area, with a lot of room to learn and make a difference.

Cons

I feel that the HR and management here is by far the worst I've ever seen. There's many days that I just want to leave the company due to their incompetence, and am usually in a frustrated state with any of my dealings with them. It seems like a generally uncontrolled chaos that magically comes up with decisions that impact the rest of the organization.

Respect and recognize your employees for their efforts. If you want to retain future technology, business, and operations leaders, don't treat them like second hand citizens.

Steady and stable, ideal for people like to stay with the company

Current Employee - IT Manager in Universal City, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Universal City, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal

Pros

Better benefit package compare to competitions, for example, pension plans and matching 401K contributions. Parent company, GE, is strong and reliable and will not likely going down for a while.

Cons

GE as the parent company, too much politics in the environment. Big company makes it harder to be recognized and ultimately makes promotion harder and slower.

Needs better communication down and across divisions. Transparency in management level promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal