disappointing

Former Employee - Manager  in  Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Former Employee - Manager in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would not recommend this company to a friend.

Cons

No learning or development opportunities. Despite being a large prosperous company, there are many empty promises but no real help in career advancement or choices.

conduct a voice of employees survey or at least implement 360 reviews.

Other Reviews for NBCUniversal

Semi-Final Interview

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time

Pros

Intial interviews were with the right people and went up the food chain

Cons

Too many interview contacts to meet with. Extremely long process - ended up going to a different company because the process took too long.

A great company with many opportunities if...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall it's a great working environment. You are literally working at the world famous 30 Rockefeller Plaza, which is definitely a perk in itself. For the most part everyone here is very friendly, managers are on your side and want to see you succeed and climb the corporate ladder. You can definitely advance and continue to grow as long as you demonstrate you're a hard and motivated employee.

Cons

Unless you end up in the exact field or department you want to be in, moving around and advancing to another area is actually difficult despite being in the company already. In order to make a switch or jump to a different department be prepared to know someone (however I guess that goes for any type of job or company really...).

Unfortunately, HR only does so much and submitting internal applications doesn't mean they will look at your resume at all. I've applied to a few different jobs in different areas from where I work and unless you know someone and can track down the specific hiring manager, chances are it won't be seen.

There are some difficult people to work with, but that goes for any company really.

Working in the news department often means working odd hours and on the weekends, however this is kind of expected and I can't hold it against NBC, however scheduling can definitely be more thought out and considerate of people's lives outside of work.

Management is doing a fantastic job identifying those who are complacent and those who want to excel and advance in their careers. So keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!