There are newer employer reviews for NBTY

I love working here

Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY
Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at NBTY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NBTY is a big company with a very mom and pop feel. Many of the Associates take great pride in what they do and the company itself does a good job encouraging and supporting a culture of "wellness" (our mission) with employees. I think the benefits and perks are great - day care reimbursement program, free fitness classes (Zumba, kickboxing, ballet burn) in the HQ building...company picnic. The culture is nice, most people are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing really - I enjoy coming to work.

65 Other Employee Reviews for NBTY (View Most Recent)

Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at NBTY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The office is close to home.

Cons

too much, too quick by too few.

Think of what's best for the company before you act

Was great, then just frustrating

I have been working at NBTY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent product selection, great people to work with at the store level, used to be competitive pay, flexible hours, benefits, opportunity to move up the ladder is present.

Cons

Making the employees jump through hoops to earn and pay cuts, constant of out stock items, slow to react to market demands, advertising low end products with high profit margin, and do not really care about the customers they are serving. The discontinuing of great products in favor of cheaper high margin ones. At times baffling and confusing as to why the company is doing what it is doing.
    Working with a POS system and computer systems that were outdated 20 years ago. Priorities from leadership and upper management are confusing.

The leadership from the top down needs to learn about what the company is selling so that the company does not end up selling junk, all calcium is not the same just as all retail is not the same. Focus more on high end/high quality products not low end high margin items and advertise those high end items. Upgrade the computer systems. Better planning of promotions ,sales do not coincide with the information the customer is getting. If the company wants to keep people around, pay them better.

There are newer employer reviews for NBTY