NBTY

www.nbty.com

Exciting Place to Be

Current Employee - Manager  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

Pros

I've been here for about 2 years and there hasn't been a day where I didn't want to come to work. The Company has a nice blend of ppl that have grown with the company over the years; and new Associates that are coming in from the larger CPG World. Executive Leadership has been communicating change and business challenges effectively. The Brands we have in the market are doing very well, in addition to our E-Commerce Organization and our Vitmain Retail stores. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow here; as they build Brand, Consumer Insights and Product Development. There are strong Manufacturing leadership that has also joined Operations; so the environment has been quite fast paced. The company is very collaborative and has really great ppl working here- not just good at what they do; but Nice people; who could potentially be very good mentors. Also; they've been promoting a passion for wellness and have started multiple excercise classes for after work that are of no cost to Associates.

Cons

The location isn't ideal. It's far for anyone outside of LI to get to. Ppl do make the commute from Nassau, Queens, and Brooklyn (and some from NYC) - but it is on the longer side of the drive/LIRR

Keep communicating about what we're doing well, what we're struggling in. Make sure future leadership/executive staff blend in with our Culture as they have been.

Other reviews for NBTY

I love working here

Current Employee - Manager  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

Pros

NBTY is a big company with a very mom and pop feel. Many of the Associates take great pride in what they do and the company itself does a good job encouraging and supporting a culture of "wellness" (our mission) with employees. I think the benefits and perks are great - day care reimbursement program, free fitness classes (Zumba, kickboxing, ballet burn) in the HQ building...company picnic. The culture is nice, most people are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing really - I enjoy coming to work.

Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY

Pros

The office is close to home.

Cons

too much, too quick by too few.

Think of what's best for the company before you act

There are newer employer reviews for NBTY.

Worked for NBTY? Contribute to the Community!