NBTY

www.nbty.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for NBTY

It is a job; I've never been so uninspired in my life.

I have been working at NBTY

Pros

Close to home
Stable
Close to home
Stable
particulary in this economy.
and that is about it...

Cons

Office is in disarray; nothing professional, old technology, forced to work in serious inclement weather, CEO has his hands in everything though the company has grown so large. No training, no inspiration, no motivation. Just do your job and go home. And I am at a midlevel manager level.

Motivate! Inspire! Keep your turkeysand fruit baskets and let a manager work a random day from home if there is a issue like a blizzard or a sick child. Keep up with technology. Noone uses a legacy system on the AS-400 anymore!

78 Other Employee Reviews for NBTY (View Most Recent)

Not a bad stop over, but not a long term stay.

Former Employee - IT Staff
    Former Employee - IT Staff

I worked at NBTY

Pros

Good technology, but no commitment.

Cons

No career, just a job. No consistent vision by senior IT management.

Revamp IT - no structure, the management has no direction beyond its own self service.

The people make NBTY great!

I have been working at NBTY

Pros

I love the the way people work with each other to attain a specific goal. The company adopted their TIARA values 4 years ago (Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Agility) and these ring true, even to this day. Company treats us well. Picnic, Christmas Party, Turkey's, etc. Management now has a clear understanding of where it wants to go.

Cons

There are not even close to enough people working to perform all of the jobs needed. I wear 5 hats myself. Stress is pretty high, salaries are not. Sometimes it feels like they feel that they have the ability to keep people because of the location and do not have to pay well.

I would like to see management gain and understanding that they are lucky to have the talent that works there, and not feel that we are lucky to be there. We should be complimenting each other for the common goal of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for NBTY