There are newer employer reviews for NC State Employees' Credit Union

Horrible Managment

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at NC State Employees' Credit Union full-time

Pros

If you feel like staying at a place for 30 years this is the place. Good benefits and 401k match. Very hard to get fired, most likely they will just let you look for a new job. Relaxed environment, very little pressure.

Cons

Low Pay! No incentive to update skills except to move to another compay that pays better. Managment has been there for 30 years and do not know how to do anything. Working there is good for the first year until you are due for a raise or promotion. The increase in pay is measly and they are so disorganized that you have to beg managment for your increase because they forgot.

Quit or hire someone that understand banking managment. You are not a small credit union anymore in order to compete with the big banks you need to pay better to retain skilled staff and offer better products.

113 Other Employee Reviews for NC State Employees' Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Fianancial Service Representative Review

I have been working at NC State Employees' Credit Union

Pros

SECU provides alot of training that will build your resume. This job is good for some one who is fresh out of college.

Cons

The pay is not great and the raises are very small, You will have to work at SECU for 10 years before you will make any comfortable income.

Raise the SECU Foundation fee to 2 dollars so that you can give your employees raises.

Good Start, but not a Good Place to Finish

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative II in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at NC State Employees' Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with SECU for over 4 years. 1st two years were in the Contact Center. I worked with a great group of people and was a great first job out of college. Great Benefits from day one and excellent 401K plan.

Cons

Very low starting pay. I have worked hard to get where I am now. I have passed every module, insurance licenses, VITA, etc. and still have not even hit the 40s.

The biggest thing is the pay. We have to know so much information but are not properly compensated. At another institution you can easily make double that with more opportunities. There are opportunities for growth but they are all in Raleigh. If you work in a branch you may get a promotion and a small merit raise each year but your job will remain the same.

Pay attention to your employees. Pay them what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for NC State Employees' Credit Union