NCH

Its a job

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Professional atmospher
Time off is fair and flexable
Management style

Cons

Low salary
No room for advancement

Equally distribute accounts among tenure and new reps

44 Other Employee Reviews for NCH (View Most Recent)

Interesting but limited

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at NCH

Pros

Small corporation giving room to grow; smaller teams make it easier to shine and get work done; they provide free drinks (soda and coffee)

Cons

The brand is not well known when deciding to move on to another company; there is a lack of diversity in the corporation;

I would advice management to provide the employees with better salaries and try to increase the employee diversity to be more more diverse

Highly Micromanaged

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
    My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

There are newer employer reviews for NCH