NCI

www.nciinc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for NCI

NCI is a great place to work for those who are used to working as a contractor in the client's environment.

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Scott AFB, IL
Current Employee - Database Administrator in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at NCI

Pros

Management is very supportive of their teams and work hard to make sure that each team member has the tools they need to succeed. In addition, they are very supportive of balancing family and work, as much as they can based on the contract requirements.

Cons

Limitations as to salaries based on contracts and on opportunities to move ahead in some cases, based on contracts.

89 Other Employee Reviews for NCI (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - PC Systems Technician in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - PC Systems Technician in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at NCI

Pros

-Competitive salary
    -Flexible work schedule
    -Education reimbursement
    -Company paid online skillport training for Certifications
    -Excellent manager, treated with respect and dignity

Cons

-No pay raise or little when moving to position of higher responsibility
    -Salary ranges are all over the place, some employees make up to 8000 per year more then others even when both employees have the same skillset

-TIP: shoot for a high salary when you are negotiating, do not take the first offer

-Pay employees with similiar experience and/or skillset within the same salary range. Some employees feel short changed when they have the same and/or more experience/certifications than their co-worker yet make thousands a year less

-When employees move to a higher position....pay them more...this is Biblical and common sense

Extremely underpaid for my level of experience and education

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Rome, NY
    Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Rome, NY

I have been working at NCI

Pros

NCI recognizes employees for doing a good job and offers awards which in my opinion provides incentive to do a good job.

Cons

The pay is extremely low, and I was told there is no career advancement for my position. I am an IT professional with several certifications including entire MCSE course and MCP certification, over 20 years experience, and an extensive backgroud as an Enterprise Senior Systems Analyst supporting large Microsoft Domain enterprise environments (NT/2000/2003 etc.. Active Directory etc..) . I took a helpdesk position only because I relocated to an economically depressed area and I needed to job...to get my foot in the door. After arriving I was told there was virtually no advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for NCI