There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial

good company got a lot experience and learned leadership

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN
Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

just keep in mind the job works so so do you

Cons

clients was hard to keep

when coming there know as a manager you have to work hard

112 Other Employee Reviews for NCO Financial (View Most Recent)

Okay

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I negotiated for a higher pay since I've worked in the industry. They will try to low ball you even if you have experience.

I love my coworkers and my team leads.

They give you lots of training.

They told me schedule before I was hired and haven't made me switch hours or forced to work later than required.

They offer a lot of over time.

They offer bonuses if you obtain at least 90% of your goal and get above 75% on your call monitoring.

They offer a sign on bonus if you can prove you have a good collection track record. Also, during your nesting period (training while on the phones) you can qualify for bonus money.

Cons

The accounts are hard to get in contact. On a good day I might speak to ten people. A lot of the times they just hang up when they figure it's NCO calling. The supervisor expects you to work miracles and thinks we're slacking off. I'm always on the phone, but don't get my numbers. The team leads know what I'm talking about but the supervisor doesn't seem to have a clue. It's ironic because my supervisor has been there for years.

The training is not specific to your job - you get a general overview. Some of the things they teach you are totally opposite when you get assigned to a department.

The supervisors will try to buffalo you into thinking you're wrong. As I have already worked in call centers before I am fully aware of these games. Examples: My supervisor claims you can only take 5 business days of your vacation time per month. However, it says nothing of that in the local attendance policy nor NCO handbook. My supervisor claims we should be collecting more money and that we're not doing a good job. However, the supervisor doesn't take into account what the team leads know nor do they give us some of the collection tools that will help us in their job. In addition our whole team is behind. That information should speak for itself, but they claim we're slacking off or not doing a proper job. *Shake my head*.

In my department, it's hard to get a bonus.

Their good insurance plan is expensive. There are about 300 to 500 people in my local office. The good insurance plan costs $120 every two weeks, yes over $240 a month for ONE person! I came from a smaller collection agency and their similar insurance was $38 every two weeks ($76 a month) for NCO's expensive plan. That is for medical and prescription. They have a lower one - but it's just the bare minimum. Luckily I have personal insurance and it's cheaper than what they charge! Obviously, they are making the employees pay the full value of the insurance. They are the leading collection company but cannot give employees a break!

See "cons" above

EGS taking NCO to the GRAVE

Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ok supervisors and coworkers...other than that nothing.

Cons

I've watched this company go down hill ever since EGS took over. The constant changes, high turn over rate, and micro-managing is more that anyone can bare. It's absolutely ridiculous!!! It's bad enough you have to deal with constant disrespect from the debtors, you have even more stress to add to your daily work schedule...getting written up for NOT hitting your goal, NOT getting a high score on your monitoring, NOT hitting your dialer time, NOT being within wrap up time goal, getting a complaint and so on. Everyday you walk in, you are being threaten with your job, not to mention walking on egg shells because you never know when you are going to get fired. Tedious work schedule....sitting at a desk 8 hours a day leaving messages, listening to hangs up, debtors yelling and screaming in your ear, or worse listening to them rant on about their personal lives and their "excuses" why they do not owe the bill or can not pay....if I wanted to be a psychiatrist, I would have went to school for it. Within the TWO years I have been employed there, they have taken our incentives away and a couple of good clients has left with no replacement, no raises, yet they keep hiring new employees who end up leaving within two months....no bonus increase....nothing positive...everything is always negative, however, management expects us to come in with all smiles and positivity. YAY!! Umm, No.

EGS has taken over and does not care about their employees, the ones who ACTUALLY make the money for the company and get little or no reward behind it. Shame on you! You need to take pride in your employees and SHOW you care. Bring the incentives back, increase the bonus payout, how about reinvesting in your current employees and give raises instead of wasting money and time hiring new employees who are only going to quit within two months. What about the long term employees????

There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial