There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial

Good experience at call center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice. The work hours were great for me, my supervisor was awesome.

Cons

The things that I had a problem with was that I couldn't transfer to the office closet to where I moved to, and the pay wasn't what it should have been for a call center.

Advice to Management

Increase the starting salary for their call center employees. Provide a shuttle bus for employees working late that do not drive, more employees won't mind staying late if they know they can get home.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO Financial

1. good company got a lot experience and learned leadership

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

just keep in mind the job works so so do you

Cons

clients was hard to keep

Advice to Management

when coming there know as a manager you have to work hard

2. Okay

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I negotiated for a higher pay since I've worked in the industry. They will try to low ball you even if you have experience. I love my coworkers and my team leads. They give you lots of training. They told me schedule before I was hired and haven't made me switch hours or forced to work later than required. They offer a lot of over time. They offer bonuses if you obtain at least 90% of your goal and get above 75% on your call monitoring. They offer a sign on bonus if you can prove you have a good collection track record. Also, during your nesting period (training while on the phones) you can qualify for bonus money.

Cons

The accounts are hard to get in contact. On a good day I might speak to ten people. A lot of the times they just hang up when they figure it's NCO calling. The supervisor expects you to work miracles and thinks we're slacking off. I'm always on the phone, but don't get my numbers. The team leads know what I'm talking about but the supervisor doesn't seem to have a clue. It's ironic because my supervisor has been there for years. The training is not specific to your job - you get a general overview. Some of the things they teach you are totally opposite when you get assigned to a department. The supervisors will try to buffalo you into thinking you're wrong. As I have already worked in call centers before I am fully aware of these games. Examples: My supervisor claims you can only take 5 business days of your vacation time per month. However, it says nothing of that in the local attendance policy nor NCO handbook. My supervisor claims we should be collecting more money and that we're not doing a good job. However, the supervisor doesn't take into account what the team leads know nor do they give us some of the collection tools that will help us in their job. In addition our whole team is behind. That information should speak for itself, but they claim we're slacking off or not doing a proper job. *Shake my head*. In my department, it's hard to get a bonus. Their good insurance plan is expensive. There are about 300 to 500 people in my local office. The good insurance plan costs $120 every two weeks, yes over $240 a month for ONE person! I came from a smaller collection agency and their similar insurance was $38 every two weeks ($76 a month) for NCO's expensive plan. That is for medical and prescription. They have a lower one - but it's just the bare minimum. Luckily I have personal insurance and it's cheaper than what they charge! Obviously, they are making the employees pay the full value of the insurance. They are the leading collection company but cannot give employees a break!

Advice to Management

See "cons" above