There are newer employer reviews for NCO

Great Oppertunity, but changes need to be made.

Former Employee - Email/Chat Advisor in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Email/Chat Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting the oppertunity to work with Apple Products. The connections that I have made while working there.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism that is played by upper management. All promotiions that are given is all by management favorites. For example the Trainers fiance was promoted to a supervisor role after being there less than 6 months. I was passed up for a promotion while I was in an acting supervisor role. My promotion was given to someone who was there just over 3 months. Many other more senior agents were passed up for promotions for someone who was there less time. (6 months or less) I even know a great supervisor that was passed up for the division manager role to someone who has less management experience. They say that promotions are given based on the overallinterview and current work history is not factored in.

Advice to Management

Start fresh at the top with a new Site Manager. That is where the favoritism starts. Once that has been changed there may be a change in the dynamic of the division managers, and improve the moral of the advisors.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO

Advisor IOS devices

Current Employee - Advisor in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Advisor in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual, friendly environment. 5 week training period with last two weeks being "nesting" on the floor.

Cons

They listen in on your calls and you don't always know when they are listening. You have to pass the tests, or else they listen in twice the next week. They are encouraging, but it is stressful cuz you have to work.

Advice to Management

Give us time to learn while we are on the floor. There is hardly ever any time to practice with the devices and ask questions about challenging calls.

manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lockport, NY

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

bad bosses who know nothing

Advice to Management

fire al