There are newer employer reviews for NCO

Friends don't let friends work at NCO

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with, not including higher management, are usually ok. And it is a paying job.

Cons

Everything else. So, when I was working there we had a confusing mix of rewards systems versus punishments. The grading systems for calls was very subjective instead of objective so it was hard to know if you were ever really doing your job right at any given moment. The reward systems they did have were small at best, annoying at worst and pretty much only the same 5 people were ever involved no matter how hard you tried at your job. If you got to be a supervisor there, which I did, you didn't get any training at all in how to do your job, but plenty of being yelled at if you didn't do it EXACTLY how they wanted it done... that they never tell you to begin with... until they yell at you. Since the company has now changed over to the hands of APAC, who I used to work for as well at one point, there's not telling how the place is really now. I would suppose though, and this is just theory, that it's just as bad as APAC was when I worked there, so it wouldn't be much better than the NCO I knew.

Try actually appreciating your employees and if you're going to promote someone, give them at least one week of side by side training for their job before you start yelling at them that they're not doing their job.

61 Other Employee Reviews for NCO (View Most Recent)

Customer Service

I have been working at NCO

Pros

They have brought a lot of wonderful changes. Raises have increased, more training and increased benefits.

Cons

There are no cons really. The people I work with are very nice.

Bad Management Flounders Money

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I have been working at NCO full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you need a job, then working here is great. So:
     * Money
     * Meet new people.

Cons

* Management will sometimes screw with your check (reduce your hours worked on the sly).
    * Never receive adequate training.
    * If you're not in the big-money accounts, they treat you like garbage.
    * Managers treat employees like children.
    * Management policies force the best, smarts people out the door. (If you are capable of independent thinking, don't work here.)
    * Employees routinely blamed for management mistakes.

More training needed at all levels.

There are newer employer reviews for NCO

Worked for NCO? Contribute to the Community!