NCR
www.ncr.com Duluth, GA 5000+ Employees

Worst employer of my life!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at NCR

ProsA steady paycheck and fair -- not great -- benefits. Some nice people here and there, and some interesting, challenging projects from time to time. It kept me off the streets!

ConsCulture of fear and intimidation, complete with abuse. Unclear direction, unreasonable expectations and absolutely no respect or concern for employees as human beings. Everything is urgent and everything is an absolute priority, and 14-16 hour days were the rule, not the exception. Everyone was expected to be available 24/7. I know of one person called back in from a honeymoon. Yes, it was that bad. I worked hard and long, and juggled an unreasonable workload for longer than any human being could be expected to, and never got so much as a thank you. The tiniest errors were met with over-the-top, disproportionate nastiness, ridicule and humiliation. It was degrading, demoralizing and dehumanizing. But, hey, some people like that kind of environment... If you do, go for a job there. Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the people who work for you are there trying to help you and are human beings who deserve respect and consideration. Try treating them well and you might be surprised by the results. You don't know everything and might want to consider at least trying their new ideas.

Be prepared for Hostile Workplace, Neverending Hours and no Work-Life Balance

IT Engineer (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR

Pros: Internal team works very well together and puts in time above and beyond (regularly being available late evenings,… Cons: Internal business organizations set unrealistic expectations -- and have no idea how to document requirements. Flood of requests to do work on non-funded projects.… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to follow the company's own 'code of conduct.' Hostile Instant messages, emails and phone calls (to home, cell, etc) should not be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Was great when it was one company and in Dayton

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

I worked at NCR

Pros: Global company, decent benefits, great mid managements and a variety… Cons: Stock price that does not move, And the company has gone… Advice to Senior Management: Just because you came from teh outside, it was not… More

There are newer reviews on NCR.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.