There are newer employer reviews for NCR

Good but currently experiencing senior management issues

Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Support Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, good material and training, awesome customers

Cons

Constant management and organizational changes including layoffs. This provides and unstable atmosphere and is very stressful.

Advice to Management

Act quicker to replacement senior mangement, let a major organizational change last more than 3 months before making additional changes, and decide how many people you need in the organization and stop the constant down sizing, re-hiring and down-sizing again.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A company trying hard not to become your normal corporate treadmill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at NCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good leadership at the very top, namely CEO Bill Nuti. He is building a good foundation for the future success of this company. It will be interesting to see if he can break through the barriers presented by the Cons.

Cons

Middle level management is rife with “legacy” managers that have been with the organization for 20 plus years and are hopelessly entrenched in a culture of bureaucracy, fear, blind policy, and inaction in the name of self preservation. An early retirement program for these well meaning individuals is badly needed.

Advice to Management

ATM machines are soon to be the buggy whips of the financial world - plan to ditch this business in the next 3 to 5 years as they are replaced by personal electronics and electronic currency. Services group is bloated with redundancy and lacks long term direction. Attempts to bring manufacturing back to the US have been noble, but success competing against low cost production countries is short term at best and a lost cause. Investment in retooling US manufacturing for products that are sure to be reinvented in the next few years will be wasted. Let contract manufactures take this hit and conserve your cash - plan to close all US plants before the end of the decade. The HR resources at the plant level are a complete mess and need to be completely scrapped.

This place is completely nuts.

Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the company car. The rest of this I am writing is to just meet the minimum.

Cons

Worked here 6 months and I am on my third manager. 1 quit, the last one got fired. This place is absolutely NUTS! They fired everybody who has to do with our team (support staff, managers) but kept us on! They obviously need people to DO the work, but took all our resources away. They fired everyone without a plan and now they have no idea what to do. The pay is insulting, I took the job the job to get the benefits. They expect you to work 24/7 for very little and the raises are worse. They essentially take money away from you. Most recently they implemented a company wide policy basically allowing you to wear whatever-the-hell you wanted and exempted the CEs from it. They tout the company as a game changer and pride ourselves on "disruptive innovation" and the head of HR said "Let's show the world what a 128 year old company can do...even if we wear jeans doing it." BUT THEY BAN THE ACTUAL CUSTOMER FACING EMPLOYEES FROM WEARING JEANS! THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY GET DIRTY! Th

Advice to Management

WHAT MANAGEMENT??