NCR

www.ncr.com

A great place to work and learn for a few years, but maybe not the best place to grow in the long run.

Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) Warsaw (Poland)

Pros- Truely friendly atmosphere: they have never heard of the concept of corporate rat race.
- Large company (20,000 employees worldwide) with good networking opportunities.
- US style management at its best: there are no stupid questions, only incomplete answers.
- Workload varies throughout the year, but overall remains quite manageable.

Cons- Business Infratructure (HR, Payroll, T&E, C&B, etc) has been cutting costs for years. Much has been outsourced to India with significant loss in service quality. Also there is next to zero investment in HRIT and the software is quite outdated.
- There is a clear vision of where the company is going in terms of markets and clients, but a lack of any serious vision for Business Infrastructure development.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the blind "cost cutting at all costs" and outsourcing to cheap, lower end providers. To keep your clients happy, you need to keep your employees happy. To keep your employees happy, you need high end in-house employee services, especially as you have ambitious plans for the future.

Very good working environment they have here!

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Cebu City (Philippines)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than a year

Pros: Balance of work and life. Cons: I don't think I have one. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible place but great lessons learned from NCR Canada

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NCR

Pros: Seems to remain as a big player in the Self Service world. The benefit of working at NCR Canada… Cons: Regarding NCR Canada (Mississauga) - a terrible mess of politics, gossip and unprofessionalism. School-yard, bullying tactics run rampant. Too many people have been there too… Advice to Senior Management: You need fresh ideas which means you need a significant number of new people. When you get them in, make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NCR.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!