Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.
Current Employee – been working at NCR
Pros – - A true Sales School
- NCR Sales are very very well perceived in the market from other employers; at least what i can tell from approaches I had from other big names
- A very fast acceleration in the first 5 years in your sales career
- Learn how to be a consultant selling rather than a feature / function brochure reader
Cons – - Dead mid-level role, from extreme growth and development acceleration in the first period to a dead routine for years that can go up to a decade till you past another threshold of management. Other words very few steps in the ladder.
- Corporate and brand visibility in IT industry is dissolving; while being well recognized in the industries served only like Banking, Retail and few other territories.
- Huge gap between Sales to non-Sales role; in terms of volume, investment, education & training, development and even hiring criteria is very low calibers hat accept incompetitive salaries. Bottom line it's either sell at NCR or don't consider any other positions; at least outside of the US
- And finally HR Sucks; maintaining and not developing.
Advice to Senior Management – - The Egg or the Chicken; when it comes to new industries that NCR hopes to conquer. It will never work like this; waiting for business to start investing.
- NCR is relatively large corporate; conquering new industries requires better investment in the field not only investing in the acquisitions and product management; which is not far from NCR's capabilities. Again specially in our markets where employee costs are relatively incomparable to the US, Western Europe and developing countries.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2009-10-09 05:30 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.