NCR

www.ncr.com
  www.ncr.com
There are newer employer reviews for NCR

Strong mission and industry fit.......Poor execution and culture

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Clear mission and unique experience over competitors based upon wide focus of improving consumer interactions across most areas of commerce (Retail, Financial, Travel, Hospitality)

Strong commitment to Training

Cons

Compensation below what other true technology companies pay

Too many longstanding employees longing for the good ole' days and staying for pension considerations. Culture and morale slipping significantly over last three years.

Very Line of Business (Retail, Financial, etc.) focused. Poor communication and synchronization across LOBs, especially following recent acquisition binge (Retalix, Radiant, etc.)

Management focused on week by week, quarter by quarter orders/revenue at the expense of doing what's best for customers - Despite numerous and constant Corporate internal messaging on always doing what's best for the customer.

927 Other Employee Reviews for NCR (View Most Recent)

CSE 2 Chicago Illinois technician

Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Use to be the company van , micro managed company van makes you not want to drive it

Cons

Everything with our company is absolutely awful . On call nearly every day , 50-70 hour weeks. un appreciative service manager demands not just unrealistic work life from you but actually feels you should work for free on your own time and if you dont, you are looked at sorely .

Rehire management team and restructure, the companies that service atms the so called "bottom feeders" are rising up and capitalizing on NCRs failures!

Do not value their employees

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work vehicle provided. Adequate vacation time given.

Cons

We now have to pay to drive the vehicle they force us to drive for work. They spring 60+ hr work weeks on us with a days notice in schedule change. They have taken away overtime pay if we volunteer to work on a day we are scheduled off for vacation or holiday (many of us come in to work when we don't have to.). CEs are the bottom of the totem pole. We do not get bonuses if we only reach 100% out of a 105% goal. If we get a raise, it's meager at best. People who are trained in multiple areas barely make more than those who aren't. Vacation schedule is ridiculous. Can't have people in different teams off on the same day. They are going to lose a lot of good, skilled workers very soon.

Stop caring about your massive paycheck and start thinking about the people who do your dirty work. The people who are out in below freezing temperatures so you can have your bonuses. Maybe actually give your employees bonuses and raises!

There are newer employer reviews for NCR