There are newer employer reviews for NCR

I have learned so much during my time at NCR and have benefited from great leadership.

Current Employee - Director in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Director in Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Professional development is phenominal
Global opportunities are fantastic
Challenging work and work with smart people
Leadership is terrific
Travel opportunities

Cons

Not a place for poor performers
Fast paced environment challenges some
Demanding culture isn't for everyone
Competitive culture not for all
24 x 7 always on culture

Great progress! keep going!

911 Other Employee Reviews for NCR (View Most Recent)

Worst tech job ever - Sure-fire way to get PTSD in peacetime

Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bi-weekly paycheck. Management has found a way to flood Glassdoor with glowing, if false, reviews. Wonderful motivator to get you out looking for a new job.

Cons

Ever-increasing demands on techs/FSEs to uphold impossible contract agreements. Work schedule changes constantly to meet management's unrealistic goals. Management rules by fear and intimidation. Top performers get no recognition or improved compensation. Unsure what people are talking about when they tout pensions, NCR doesn't offer pensions to front-line employees. Job made untenable by BS SLAs. No personal life permitted. Poor to non-existent training, but you're supposed to be an expert. Upper level tech support has been farmed out to lowest bidders overseas, which is pretty much like closing the shop.

Been here a long time...

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of job security for customer engineers. Stock prices keep rising. A lot of good, hardworking people work here that truly care about the company and our customers.

Cons

In my position, I work in a virtual office from my home, as there isn't a local office to work from. Since I'm not a customer engineer, or their management, I have to supply my own internet connection, and use my own cell phone for work with no reimbursement from the company. That was taken away last year. In last 7 years, 5 years resulted in no raises despite receiving average/above average ratings. No profit sharing since it was started 2 years ago, but we keep buying companies.

Quit taking our profits to keep buying more companies, and give some back to the employees that are working very hard to help bring in these revenues. Show your employees that their work is appreciated with financial rewards. Reconsider giving some reimbursement for phone and internet to people working virtual, who currently aren't eligible due to the companies policy changes concerning that last year. It's not fair to take advantage of employees that way to boost your profits and revenue. If you want better reviews, don't nickel and dime your employees to impress the stockholders.

There are newer employer reviews for NCR