There are newer employer reviews for NCR

Disorganized herd of cats shifting to low cost overseas employees.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only that my manager is the best. After that, meeehhh.

Cons

Poor pay. Shifting salary ranges down in 2013 for all grades. No real bonuses for the past two years. Salary increases have been extremely sub-par. Benefits are ok but not good. Time off is only good because I negotiated for it. Management seem inept and can't make good decisions. Wait till last minute to make decision using poor analysis and impatience. Communication is terrible. Upper level management does not exist at the "headquarters." Projects have silo-ed work efforts that are never made to work together. The only way NCR can make it right now is buy performing companies to pad the bottom line. Soon that will run out. EVERYTHING is too complex; products, prices, processes, systems and organizations. Too many home grown systems too.

Simplify and focus. Be patient and analyze correctly. Show more of an interest in employees in the US. Communicate better ahead of time, not last minute surprises.

reviews filtered by

Not very impressed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

OK benefits. May gain some additional knowledge using their online University (NCRU).

Cons

They bought my company last year. Almost 9 months later they approved hiring more help, although they new we are short handed. Then they announced no raises and assigned wrong job titles (which affects raises/bonuses...). The new hires have the correct job title and compensation but old employee do not. So, we are tasks with training our new coworkers who make a lot more than us. They are horrible.

They need to care about their employees. Employees are not just numbers!

Unrealistic goals and fear based culture

I have been working at NCR full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonable place to work if you are mid to lower level employee. Base pay is reasonable but bonus pay system is arbitrary and inequitable.

Cons

Goals are unrealistic and basically unattainable. The operating culture is fear based not collaborative. The culture for upper management is oppressive and disrespectful.

Set realistic and attainable goals. Treat upper level employees with respect. Change the culture to more open and collaborative instead of fear based.

There are newer employer reviews for NCR