The Company with hot prospect

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at NCS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big Enterprise
Staff Benefits
Value their own staffs

Cons

Being a contract staff and its abit difficult to get permanent.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Challenging, yet rewarding

Current Employee - Lead Consultant, Applications
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant, Applications

I have been working at NCS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) You will be given hell lot of importunity as long you are capable.
    2) Generally good benefits compared to local company
    3) Plenty of events (though you may have hard time finding time for it)
    4) It's a place to train yourself in one of the toughest environment (FSIZ dept)
    5) It's expanding overseas..so travelling opportunity is there
    6) Generous bonus (~2.5months average)

Cons

1) Very small annual increment
    2) You will really need to be very passionate, otherwise pressure and stress will override you
    3) HR is not too friendly in helping employee. In fact, it's my worst experience facing them.
    4) Long working hour (that's why you need passion)
    5) Burden by political fight, if you are at newbie or intermediate

Advice to Management

My department management are generally good. Things that can improve:
    1) Team building - Think it's pretty lacking over there
    2) Salary increment
    3) Encourage employee to take up course (by forcing them take leave)

No body bothers environment

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at NCS

Pros

Able to obtain some experience dealing with public sector or government related tenders.

Cons

The feedback I share is the experience I have with my own team. I do have good feedback with pre-sales team, but my own team this bad habits happen.
    No knowledge sharing, not even sharing of templates. Project team site is somewhat empty. I worked over the weekends to recreate things from scratch, unable to leverage on things done in the past. No response to emails, calls were not answered, invited people to meeting - but no courtesy to reject/accept invite - simply did not turn up without news. I did notice people often go missing.
    I was realigned to another role as soon as I joined since my hiring manager left before I came on board, though I came for PM role. Reporting officer is changed to a person with same job grade as me, but lower role, whom then blocks all opportunities. HR process is messy, note that exit interview is between you and your reporting officer. HR only collects the completed form. Thus, if you have issue with your reporting officer, you will have no platform for suggesting improvement. During exit interview, HR also told me on the last day that off-in-lieu cannot be en- cashed, and apparently HR will only tell your reporting officer, which for my case, communications breaks down at that point. I did not quite understand why HR did not send the notification to resigned person directly. Then HR simply said sorry, but it's company policy. I did not get to enjoy off-in-lieu leaves, though I lost most weekends and public holiday for rushing completion of tenders. Also, seriously there's no platform for feedback, after discussions highlighting my concern, no one got back to me what's next, if something is going to be done, it is simply 'no body bothers' environment.

Advice to Management

I do see good people in management position. Thus, I hope HR processes is improved, and platform for feedback is made available. For now, I really do not suggest the company as a good company to work for.