NCsoft

www.ncsoft.net

Working at NCsoft, was the closest I'll ever come to leaving the video game industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIf you're good at what you do, you'll be a rockstar, even if you work less than 40 hours a week.

Competitive salaries for minimal work

ConsLeadership in Korea does not trust America or Europe to make their own decisions, and as a result, the decisions made reflect what Korea leadership wants to see, and not what needs to happen for the benefit of players, or the business.

There is no clear career path, because the company is restructured every other year.

Having a good boss at NCsoft is like winning the lottery. Unfortunately, even if you win, your awesome boss will wise up or get laid off during your employment.

The only culture that exists, is what employees make for themselves; however, with so much turnover, office culture changes frequently, and is often more of an "inner-circle" kind of experience.

Benefits are not great. They are bare bones, and change a lot.

When I was working there, I had to pay hundreds of dollars per month for my own parking spot

Truly creative people are not treated well at NCsoft.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo leadership in Korea:

Get your hands out of the darn cookie jar and EMPOWER your employees. You've guaranteed the failure North America and Europe operations because of your bureaucratic, and unnecessary approach to a global business. What works in Korea, doesn't mean it will in other territories. Look at Riot Games for god sake. They empower their Korean HQ to make their own decisions, and they are frequently different than the ones made in America. While they flourish in multiple territories, you're only truly successful in Korea, and even there, you haven't lived up to your potential in years.

So if you have no choice or don't want to improve your skill

Developer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at NCsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: As a developer, the team is pretty solid. The benefit is Okay, at least better… Cons: the management mess up. you can't learn anything here, not good fot career path. Korean never trust ppl here. no one knows whats… Advice to Senior Management: let ppl know whats going on... better management too many management roles No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Extremely poor management. The worst I have ever had in fact.

Operations (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at NCsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Other than it being a video game company. None really Cons: Management! The US operations is always afraid of what HQ wants, so they make rash… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to constantly change or micromanage. If you want to do it the HQ way… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NCsoft.

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!