NCsoft

www.ncsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for NCsoft

This place made me think twice about staying in the industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at NCsoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good location if you like downtown Seattle. There were some good people that were here before they wised up and left.

Cons

Very corporate and tightly controlled by Korean HQ. "Keep your head down" mentality which discouraged passionate employees. This place also has a tendency to waste a lot of good talent.

Stop creating a hostile environment for those that want to bring positive change. Hire better management that are from the game industry. Stop wasting good talent and listen to what people have to say. Take heed of the reviews posted on here.

61 Other Employee Reviews for NCsoft (View Most Recent)

It is a great place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn about the MMO development industry.

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Producer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at NCsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great team great work environment.

Cons

The commute could be shorter!

If only they didn't believe that pigs could fly..

Current Employee - Senior Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at NCsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Almost free lunches. Some of the community.

Cons

Immediate ''fire you now'' reaction. An itchy finger to redlight certain games that are not making the cut and currently that involves all Western influenced MMOs. I can tell you that even with knowledge of the business, finances, NDA disclosures, and how HQ runs it's still difficult to maintain an open connection with both my side and employees and theirs. Trying to get through to someone in Korea is like tapping a pencil on a manhole in New York during rush hour. You won't catch anyone's attention, and that's just the way it always has been. Honestly, being fluent in Korean doesn't much either as they detest foreigners with knowledge of their ''native'' tongue. Ridiculing our Office more than aiming to help.

For anyone who is interested all I can say is don't be. Move on to a Western owned and Western run Company.

NDA: NCSoft is going to be insourcing more so than outsourcing. You can expect the full shutdown of all NCSoft Western-Run/European Run Offices with in the next two years.

After your meltdown please do not attempt to re-open to the United States. Stay in Korea. Thanks.

There are newer employer reviews for NCsoft